- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
Senior Industrial Hygienists-Health & Safety Consultants
- Alexandria, VA
- Reference #:
- CIH/CSP – DC 2018
Mabbett is seeking full and part-time Senior Industrial Hygienists/Health & Safety Consultants to join our team of EH&S professionals. Primary responsibilities will include, conducting industrial hygiene monitoring, site evaluations/audits, and supporting environmental, health and safety compliance-related projects primarily serving Federal clients in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering or a related science field.
- 5 to10 years of project management experience, including industrial hygiene workplace evaluations, monitoring (including, air sampling, noise dosimetry, etc.), as well as indoor air quality studies, including mold.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) required (Professional credential(s) must be active and in good standing with appropriate board of certification).
- Asbestos and Lead Inspector, Project Monitor and/or Supervisor License(s) in Virginia and/or Maryland are a plus.
- NIOSH-582 Course or equivalent.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office products.
- Medically cleared to wear a respirator.
- Ability and willingness to work in the field, outdoors and travel.
- Local travel will be required, and out-of-area travel will be required on a limited basis.
- This position may require off-hours work.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- US Citizen and must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Qualified veterans will receive preference.
- Conduct occupational exposure or area monitoring, environmental sampling, and other related duties.
- Perform fieldwork, including regulated building material (RBM) inspections, abatement oversight and indoor air quality assessments.
- Perform all fieldwork required, such as calibrating and operating equipment used to take air samples and monitor personnel exposure, make mathematical calculations, obtain media, submit samples for laboratory analysis, collect relevant data, observe field environments, and document events.
- Perform workplace surveys to determine compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations. Review data, prepare technical reports and review technical reports prepared by others.
- Manage and direct a variety of projects and staff, including several technicians to ensure project scopes, budgets, and schedules are met and coordinated with staff and client(s).
- Assist with professional training efforts on a variety of environmental, health and safety issues.
The positions are based in Alexandria, VA. However, much of the work will be performed for Federal agencies in the Washington, DC/metropolitan area. Specific project opportunities may also require travel on a short-term basis throughout the US.