- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
EH&S Group Director/Senior Consultant
- Bedford, MA
- Reference #:
- EH&S Group Director 2018
Mabbett is seeking a full-time doer-seller, EH&S Group Director/Senior Consultant with a proven track record and diversified EH&S compliance experience to join our growing team of professionals.
The EH&S Group Director/Senior Consultant will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the firm’s EH&S technical service activities, which includes large Federal project, as well as the development and implementation of the Group’s business development programs derived from the growth-oriented goals and objectives that have been established by the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, public health, health & safety, engineering, environmental law, or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- More than 12 years of progressive EH&S compliance consulting experience including, hazardous waste management, general environmental compliance and/or health & safety, environmental recordkeeping and reporting (SARA, TURA, air emissions, etc.) environmental permitting, and EH&S compliance and management systems auditing.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Professional Engineer (PE) are highly desire.
- Direct and progressive experience working in the EH&S field for a consulting and engineering firm with demonstrated ability to successfully manage and mentor EH&S staff members.
- EH&S compliance and strong project management experience in medical treatment facilities, including VA Medical Centers, life sciences, and/or Federal government projects.
- Results-oriented marketing and business development experience.
- Ideal candidate must be dedicated to the growth of the firm’s EH&S practice area and comfortable leading prospect meetings and assisting with proposal preparation.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to successfully prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office® products.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to pass Federal security clearance background check.
Qualifications Desired (not required)
- Certification as a Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Planner (TURP).
- Active U.S. Federal Government security clearance.
This is a doer-seller-leadership position where the ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and works successfully in collaborative teams.Essential functions include:
- Lead the EH&S Group and serve as a Project Manager for certain high value projects.
- Serve as a key manager and technical consultant with the firm and provide senior project management and technical consulting services to various clients.
- Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of selected marketing and business development programs to grow the practice area.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the firm’s EH&S practice.
- Provide senior level QA/QC.
- Supervise, mentor, develop, and train selected Mabbett staff.
This is a hands-on position that will also involve some travel for projects and marketing and business development activities. The successful candidate will respond to client requests, prepare scopes of work and cost estimates/proposals, manage projects and prepare and/or review technical reports for quality assurance and control, as well as manage other project deliverables.
This position is based in Bedford, MA, but will include travel and other specific project work opportunities on a short-term basis throughout the U.S.. The firm expects to move its offices closer to the I-93/I-95-Route 128 intersection area by the summer of 2019.