- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist - Huntsville, AL
- Huntsville, AL
- Reference #:
- 2018 – Senior Environmental Engineer - AL
Mabbett is seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist for a position located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate must be capable of leading and executing extensive environmental and management support for Department of Defense (DoD) system testing, and facilities planning, design, construction, operation and sustainment for the firm’s Federal client with global locations. The individual hired for this position must be able to work both independently, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team at a Federal client site.
- Master’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, or a related engineering/science field.
- 12 years or more of relevant environmental work experience.
- Strong National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) experience, including Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), environmental compliance background (to include air quality), and experience conducting environmental site assessments.
- In-depth technical knowledge of environmental engineering and management concepts.
- Prior military or Federal consulting experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and/or other relevant professional credentials are preferred.
- Must be a US citizen and able to successfully obtain (or possess an active) DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 60 lbs.
Execute environmental policies, studies and analysis, as well as oversee the management of environmental activities, including NEPA-related to DoD system testing, and facilities planning, design, construction, operation and sustainment. The ideal candidate selected for this position must be able to lead teams to solve environmental problems and issues, as well as provide direct supervision and guidance to support teams.
This position is based in Huntsville, Alabama. However, extensive travel (2-4 weeks at a time) may be required for specific project work throughout the US and abroad.