- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
Junior Environmental Engineer – Huntsville, AL
- Huntsville, AL
- Reference #:
- 2018 - Junior Environmental Engineer - AL
Mabbett is seeking a full-time Junior Environmental Engineer for a position located in Huntsville, AL. With general supervision, this position will be responsible for providing environmental engineering support for Department of Defense (DoD) system testing, and facilities design, construction, operation and sustainability for the firm’s Federal client with global locations. The individual hired for this position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting team on a variety of environmental projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Environmental Engineering or a related engineering field.
- Two years of relevant environmental experience.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) experience is a plus.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification with progress toward Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration is highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication and computer skills.
- U.S. citizenship required. The ideal candidate will possess an active DoD Secret security clearance. Candidates who do not possess an active security clearance may be considered, but the ability to successfully pass a Federal background check and obtain a Secret clearance is required.
- Prior military experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 60 lbs.
Support environmental policies, studies and analysis related to DoD system testing, and facilities design, construction, operation and sustainment. The candidate selected for this position must follow established procedures, as well as have the ability to identify and solve routine environmental issues and problems.
This position is based in Huntsville, Alabama, but travel will be required for specific project work opportunities throughout the US and internationally.