- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
Asbestos Project Monitor/EHS Specialist
- Bedford, MA
- Reference #:
- Asbestos Project Monitor/EHS Specialist MA-2018
Mabbett is seeking a full-time Asbestos Project Monitor/ EHS Specialist to join our growing firm. The Asbestos Project Monitor/EHS Specialist will assist with industrial hygiene monitoring and EHS compliance projects. Prospective candidates should have strong knowledge and experience with Federal OSHA and state safety & health regulations, asbestos surveys and project monitoring, as well as other industrial hygiene, environmental sampling and construction safety. The ideal candidate for this position will be mature, responsible, adapt to varying work environments, possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and work successfully in a team setting.
- Associate’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, biology, chemistry, public health, environmental science, or a science-related field desired. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in occupational and environmental safety and health, with a focus on regulated building materials inspections, sample collection, abatement oversight, and indoor air quality investigations. Prior consulting, Federal project or healthcare experience is a plus.
- Massachusetts Asbestos Project Monitor licensure is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER preferred.
- U.S. Citizen and ability to pass Federal security clearance requirements.
- Qualified military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Conduct occupational exposure and area monitoring, environmental sampling and other related duties.
- Calibrate, operate, maintain and clean field equipment for air sampling and personnel exposure monitoring.
- Obtain media, collect and submit samples for laboratory analysis, gather relevant project data, conduct field observations and document events.
- Conduct workplace surveys to ensure compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Review technical data and draft technical reports that include quantitative and qualitative data and propose recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Word® and Excel®.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to wear a respirator.
- Off-hours work may be required.
This position is based in Bedford, MA and may include travel to project locations on a short-term basis in the US.