- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
Asbestos Inspector – Project Monitor/Industrial Hygienist
- Bedford, MA
- Reference #:
- Asbestos Inspector – Project Monitor/Industrial Hygienist MA 2018
Mabbett is seeking a full-time Asbestos Inspector – Project Monitor/Industrial Hygienist to join our growing Regulated Building Materials (RBM) practice. This position will work on a variety of EH&S compliance projects and will be responsible for conducting industrial hygiene monitoring. Prospective candidates should have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations, field experience to include industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, conducting safety and health surveys/audits, as well as lead/asbestos inspections/monitoring. The candidate selected for this position must be adaptable to varying work environments, possess have a can-do attitude and possess strong technical writing and organizational skills.
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Public Health, Environmental Science, or a science-related field. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- More than eight years of related work experience (preferably in the role of Industrial Hygienist Technician and/or Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant).
- Massachusetts Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor Certifications required; license in other New England States is a desired.
- Successful completion of the NIOSH-582 Course or equivalent.
- Prior work experience should include: bulk sampling of regulated building materials, conducting indoor air quality studies, industrial hygiene workplace evaluations, project management and construction experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Word® and Excel®.
- Willingness and ability to regularly work in the field and outdoors. Out-of-area travel will be required on a limited basis. Off-hours work may also be required.
- Medical clearance to wear a respirator and must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage a variety of projects to ensure scope, budget, and schedules are met; coordinate projects with clients, staff, subcontractors, etc.
- Perform workplace surveys to determine compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations;
- Conduct occupational exposure or area monitoring, environmental sampling, and other related duties.
- Perform various fieldwork tasks, such as calibrate and operate air sample and personnel exposure equipment, perform mathematical calculations, obtain media, collect relevant data and submit samples for laboratory analysis, observe field conditions and document events.
- Prepare project-related paperwork and documentation, such as chain of custody forms.
This position is based in Bedford, MA and most of the work will be performed in the New England-area for Federal agencies. Additional project-specific opportunities may be required on a short-term basis throughout the US.