- Emergency #
- Emergency 888-748-6024
- Washington, DC
- Reference #:
- Officer Engineer - DC - 2018
Mabbett is seeking an experienced, technically competent and self-motivated Office Engineer (OE) to provide on-site support to a long-term client located near the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC.
The OE will support the client’s Facilities Management Division (FMD), which manages a wide-range of facilities around the Capitol Hill area, from standard offices to special use facilities. The OE will work full-time, i.e. forty (40) hour per week with a general schedule of Monday through Friday, 0700 – 1630, with some flexibility. Work outside of normal business hours, holidays and / or weekends may be required due to special events on Capitol Hill. This position will also be responsible for preparing portions of the in-house project documents to include project schedules, design packages, specifications and schematic drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural, engineering or facilities management/building services.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in construction management and logistics-related activities; A design and/or construction background is required for this position.
- Proven expertise in project and construction management, scheduling and coordination.
- Proficient in contract management and enforcement.
- Proficient in computer-aided design and drawing (either AutoCAD or Micro Station as FMD utilizes both software applications); Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office Software Suite; Proven experience in project scheduling software (Oracle’s Primavera® P6 and Microsoft® Project).
- Must possess a valid U.S. State/District of Columbia driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a Federal Government security background check.
- 10-Hour OSHA Construction Certification required.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for providing professional-technical services to include but not necessarily limited to:
- Identifying facility/project-related program requirements.
- Developing scope of work documents/drawings and define required resources.
- Reading, interpreting and red-lining construction drawings, including architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP), etc.
- Providing AutoCAD support to include the development of schematic drawings for proposed projects to include furniture and equipment layouts and modifying as-built drawings (architectural and minor MEP modifications).
- Coordinating all project-related trades; completing on-site coordination of minor renovations to help ensure adherence Client requirements.
- Providing a general knowledge of structural and building systems.
- Providing project management oversite to ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Coordinating various facilities management-related activities.
- Reconfiguring and/or planning new furniture layouts in accordance with Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and applicable building codes.
- Creating project schedules, prepare reports and other written documents, as required
- Planning and supervising client moves and working effectively and closely with others on a day-to-day basis.
- Supporting both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current Federal and OSHA requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret complex plans, specifications and shop drawings.
- Must be able to maintain project logs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all parties (must be able to successfully work with and coordinate with contractors’ staff, work with vendors to track and resolve issues, etc.).
- The candidate selected for this position must have customer service/engagement experience, good interpersonal skills, as well as be able to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work a shift schedule and/or flexible schedules as required in order to support the workload.
- This position requires the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
Client Specific Requirements
- Conducting off-site surveys of support sites to ensure contract compliance and overall conditions.
- Performing inspections of all leased spaces and document existing MEP and architectural conditions.
- Executing projects/assignments pertaining to facilities’ logistics support around the Capitol Hill- area with minimal supervision to include: completing site surveys/inspections, verifying measurements, photographic documentation of existing and new work and escorting contractors.
- Reviewing schematic plans to ensure constructability/compliance to codes and requirements.
- Coordinating project requirements of both internal and external parties.
- Acting as liaison between clients, vendors and contractors.
- Modifying schematic drawings and specifications as required.
- Editing specifications as required.
This position will also work in conjunction with FMD and other departments as needed to support special events and activities on Capitol Hill, such as Capitol Concert events, Inauguration and other special events as required.
Other tasks and responsibilities may be required and will be based on client workload and needs.