Environmental, Health and Safety Training Programs
Free Emergency Response Training
This free First Responder Operations Level training program is recommended for laboratory personnel, facility/maintenance managers, wastewater treatment operators, EH&S managers, security personnel, emergency response team members or anyone who has emergency response/planning duties involving chemical spills. On-site training is available for groups of 15 or more employees. This program is funded by a grant provided by the Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA).
Schedule On-Site Training
- Contact Christine Bonica, TURP at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leif Longtine, CHMM at email@example.com for details and scheduling. You may also contact Christine and Leif at 781-275-6050.
Training is free (Funded by Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents Training Grant)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that chemical spill emergency responders be trained annually. The eight hour seminar is for individuals who provide limited response to a release or potential release of hazardous materials. The training includes:
- Overview of the OSHA standard, 29CFR1920.120(q);
- Hazardous substance identification and hazard recognition
- Routes of exposure
- Personal protective equipment
- Basic spill control procedures
- Emergency planning
The course is also approved by Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) for eight Training Contact Hours (TCH) for licensed wastewater and groundwater treatment plant operators.
Please note that if you have already received training under this grant program, you are not eligible to receive additional training under this program.